Thursday, October 25, 2012

Oct 26th, 2009 -  the day I QUIT.
The day I woke up and told myself, I QUIT. I am a QUITTER. I had enough. I give it all UP!

Looking back now, end of 2008 was a very trying period in my life. Work was tough, I was broke most of the time, everything was complete utter shit, really.

Mid 2009, I changed jobs. October 2009, 26th Monday. I quit smoking. You must wonder, why? Suddenly? Well, I had been a smoker since I was 18. At first it was cool. Then it became a nasty habit. Then it was the best way to stay trim. Coffee and cigarettes and crash diets and duramin. Story of most of my young life.

Trust me, that took it's toll. after the debacle of 2008, my health took a major knock. In July 2009, down to my lowest weight, I had literally survived on coffee and cigarettes for most of 8 months. It was time to rein in my bad ways, so cliche right?

So yeah, at midnight on Oct 25th, I smoked my last cigarette as a SMOKER. Monday Oct 26th 2009. I became a non-smoker.

It will be 3 years to the dot tomorrow. I made it this far. Not without my far share of heartbreaks though. 3 years and 15 kilos later, I am now only slowly trimming off the added weight through good eating habits and exercise. Do I care when people look at me and say, Wah! You so fat! Yeah of course I do. But then, only I know why, and that is the only thing that matters.

So here's my silly story, this girl, she did it. And she is damn proud of it too. Yeah, I may not be as svelte as I was, but I can get there again slowly but surely. What I have gained though, is a slice of my health back, and that's worth it's weight (pun intended) in gold.

So don't give up about Giving Up. Good Luck.

PS Once in a blu Ie moon, indulge in a bit of organic spliff. That's okay, I always tell others, I'm going green :p








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://ivlkrwnnz.com]mcNbR[/url] , tbfcKcFOxHtb - http://yuxeflk.com

esten said...

Aly, I am super proud of you. You are determine, it matter of time. go green, go go go! I am sure you can make it.

That long winding road

 The harder things become, The more I need to celebrate the small wins, The tiny hurdles I overcome, Every small step I can move, may it be ...