Saturday, September 19, 2020




The humble Aloe Vera. 

I have just one single succulent aloe vera plant basking on the floor of my balcony, hanging on strong and bold and steady.

Rain shine Dog pee.


Nothing fazes this succulent.


Every third day, I cut off one tongue making sure to cut as close to the root as possible. Split it and slather all over my face, neck and lips.


This has been the balm to my poor state of finances.

Softens my skin, protects it from sunburn.

Stops me from snacking because (have you tasted natural aloe gel?) It is bitter as heck!


Natural organic skin care. ( organic because fertiliser happens to be rice water and dog pee)

I leave the gel on my face for at least an hour or if I forget, for many hours.

It's totally good for you.

Just a note of caution....


If you are one half of a couple...

make sure your partner appreciates soggy smells....


Freshly harvested Aloe Vera gel on the face, when it dries can somewhat smell a little odd.


Try keeping some leftover fresh aloe vera in the fridge wrapped in a paper towel.


The next day, you will find some yellowish stains and a pungent familiar smell coming from it.


Somewhat like as if you rubbed your Day Old underwear all over your face.



Okay okay,


The End.









No comments:

That long winding road

 The harder things become, The more I need to celebrate the small wins, The tiny hurdles I overcome, Every small step I can move, may it be ...