Tuesday, August 31, 2021

That long winding road

 The harder things become,

The more I need to celebrate the small wins,

The tiny hurdles I overcome,

Every small step I can move, may it be 

forward, sideways… diagonally…

Or even if it means taking a step back to stop to breathe,

I won’t beat myself myself up over it.

I want to be okay to pause,

I want to allow the chance to rethink my steps,

I will, will myself to be okay to make mistakes,

Because it will only be a true mistake if I stubbornly carry on because of my ego.

But it will be part of my learnings if I admit defeat, take a detour and find a better option.

Life is not about having everything in place every time.

It is about walking the path,

Finding my way in the light and the dark.

Sometimes trusting my instincts when the road is misty and my thoughts murky..

Just one step at a time…

Believing in myself and trusting that no matter how much I fail.

I will get up and try again.

Every journey starts with the person I see in the mirror.

And that is me.

No comments:

That long winding road

 The harder things become, The more I need to celebrate the small wins, The tiny hurdles I overcome, Every small step I can move, may it be ...