Monday, April 18, 2005

7 months 5 days and a couple of hours old...

Feb 16th 2005, woke up bright and early(you see junior wakes rather early, hence lie-ins are very much a thing of the past, but we'll get to that in another story), it was actually quite wonderful to not have to rush off to work.......but of course, when it is not by choice...it doesn't feel all that good after all!

The plus side, um.......more time to spend with mini G. or junior, it's wonderful, put the house in order, water the plants..............the bad side, man, I need to find a job, real fast...my Dad needs a certain amount of money per month for Dialysis, being the only child...this situation needs a remedy fast!

Hence, Thank God I had a wonderful and loyal client who is now my Boss! He hired me almost immediately and to make a long story short, I was amongst the work force again on February 23rd 2005. 9 days after retrenchment! Thats just a nicer way of saying that I was Fired! :o)

I guess, the moral of the story is, you will never know the future, until the day comes when you may regret your actions in the past, hence, never step on any toes along the way, I was saved by someone whom I have been working with for almost ten years, now I work for him! Imagine if I had been a real moron and treated him like.............phew!

So, here I am tapping away on my ibook......sharing with you a very simple thot....be sure not to do unto others what you will not do to yourself, so that you are sure things won't come and haunt you one day.....a clear conscience ensures a brighter day tomorrow.

No comments:

That long winding road

 The harder things become, The more I need to celebrate the small wins, The tiny hurdles I overcome, Every small step I can move, may it be ...