Thursday, May 20, 2010

A cigarette a day keeps your Doctor's Yacht in it's bay

It was cool to smoke in school.So I started at the tender age of 18, when my collagen and skin elasticity was at it's peak..:P
Twenty years later, I decided that it was time to give my lungs and skin a break, so I quit them cancer sticks on October 26th 2009. I have yet to look back since.
Although the action did not come without consequences. I gained 10 kilos in 7 months. But I am still a smoke free salmon, well a fatter salmon that is.
Was it willpower? Was it Alan Carr's book? Whatever it may have been, it was the best decision I ever made in my life.
Baby steps toward better health. Now to find a way to lose that 22 pounds....bugger.....
...to be continued...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

eujin: Right Choice for sure! I started when I was 13, and quit Feb 9th 2009. Never looked back either!

inveigled said...

Cheers to our healthier lungs! =)

That long winding road

 The harder things become, The more I need to celebrate the small wins, The tiny hurdles I overcome, Every small step I can move, may it be ...