Sunday, March 14, 2010

Aly-1989

I remember 21 years ago when I was fresh out of high school, struggling to make ends meet. My daily diet consisted of one meal a day of a 25cent indo mie. We'd buy 2 packs & that wld b my boyfriend's and my meal for d day.....or on very good days, we'd share a nasi padprik from d Thai shop that costed 2.50.......we'd ride d bus and trudge on foot to every destination. We'd salivate and envy all our friends with cars, who cld afford to eat at A&W and who wore levi's 501s. Coz u c, we cldnt afford any of those, no siree....I really think being hungry was one of the reasons I fell into catwalk modelling, u c back then, there were loads of lunch, hi tea and dinner shows. And all these shows had lunch, hi tea or dinner provided. Heaven sent for starving youth! Which is kinda makes u wonder that it's odd for your agents to negotiate for food to b provided to their models only to tell them the very next day "girls u all ah need to lose weight! Too much cheesecake alredy u c your hips!!"

Hmmmm.....

2 comments:

joanne khoo said...

humbling indeed, happy birthday dear......go for whatever you have in mind, it is not elusive right?

inveigled said...

lol that was a long time ago, but that suffering, it conditioned me to handle adult life which was much harder later on....:)

That long winding road

 The harder things become, The more I need to celebrate the small wins, The tiny hurdles I overcome, Every small step I can move, may it be ...