Saturday, March 13, 2010

Aly-pedia Definition of Pilates


- Minimum movement for maximum pain

A more acceptable tagline that can sell to the masses would be:-

-Minimal Impact Maximum Gain

Any which way, I attended my very first serious Pilates class at Be Yoga with Lila yesterday (Friday the 12th - phew!)

Needless to say, I quickly realized i was wrong when I thought that my core muscles were in decent shape.

They definitely were not.

A squishy overball and me did not make firm friends this session although it was not due to lack of effort on my part! Let's just say the ball had a mind of it's own and much preferred to be anywhere BUT between my legs, under my pelvis, between my thighs or under my shoulder blades...dang!

But I must say that this workout although very low impact, really worked my body thoroughly, how do I know this? Well here I am with my comp and a steaming cup of coffee, chilling on my bean bag....AND I have absolutely NO Idea HOW I am going to get up from here!!!!

Pilates - would I recommend it. A resounding yes!
Now would someone please help me up? My abs are killing me....!

No comments:

That long winding road

 The harder things become, The more I need to celebrate the small wins, The tiny hurdles I overcome, Every small step I can move, may it be ...